rave: pao de queijo





last april, I had the privilege to spend a couple days in south beach, miami with some lovely ladies. while we were there we enjoyed lots of fun in the sun and the sights south beach had to offer. We also got to eat some super yummy food. The one thing we all raved about was the pao de queijo (brazilian cheese bread) that was served with one of our meals. It was so good we started looking for recipes right then.



When I got back I had every intention to make some. But some thing always came up and I never got around to it till now. I have to say it is a really simple recipe and I have no idea why I didn't make them sooner and more frequently.

For next time I will make then smaller and try to "roll" them rounder for appearance sake.


Pao de Queijo (Brazilian Cheese Bread)
Recipe from allrecipe.com
Ingredients
1/2 cup olive oil or butter (I used butter)
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup milk or soy milk
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups tapioca flour
2 teaspoons minced garlic (I used granulated garlic)
2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 beaten eggs

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Pour olive oil, water, milk, and salt into a large saucepan, and place over high heat. When the mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat immediately, and stir in tapioca flour and garlic until smooth. Set aside to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
Stir the cheese and egg into the tapioca mixture until well combined, the mixture will be chunky like cottage cheese. Drop rounded, 1/4 cup-sized balls of the mixture onto an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven until the tops are lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.

0 comments:

Follow Me


Follow Me on Instagram
Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow Me on Twitter