rave: sriracha & lime kale chips


I was out and about Austin today and was on the hunt for locally made pâté. That led me to the farmers market at the triangle. Unfortunatly, no pâté was found but I did get some lovely kale and rainbow chard from johnson's backyard garden.

So I decided to make some kale chips with the beautiful veggies. Luckily for me I found an exciting recipe from I breath...I'm hungry... They were addictive! And really yummy! Try it now since it is kale season!


Sriracha & Lime Kale Chips
1 bunch of kale, well washed
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon of sriracha
1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon fish sauce

Preheat oven to 350.
Remove kale stems and tear clean and dried leaves into chip size pieces. Place in a large bowl.
Take all wet ingredients and whisk together.
Pour sauce over kale.
Toss with hands (or tongs) and coat thoroughly.
Arrange kale on baking sheets in a single layer. I baked two trays at a time and it worked fine.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Once you are done baking all the kale turn the oven off and let it cool for 15 minutes.
Place all the kale chips on to one pan and return to cooling oven so the chips can dry out totally.
Once totally cooled, place chips in an air tight container or ziplock bag to store...that is if they are not all completely devoured.



0 comments:

Follow Me


Follow Me on Instagram
Follow Me on Pinterest
Follow Me on Twitter